Saturday, November 26, 2011

Yesterday in the NICU

The girls are getting bigger everyday. Hollister (below) is up to 2 lbs 1oz. Her hair is lighter than her sisters by far. There was some confusion after my c-section about who is the identical. We have bets with the drs that it's Quinn and Keller. They think it's Hollister and Keller...It will be a matter of time till we can prove them wrong :).



Quinn seemed to enjoy her kangaroo time with mommy, just was out like a light just a few minutes into her feed. She is up to 2lbs 5oz.


Keller too, slept very well after getting a good snuggle with daddy. Keller weighs 2lbs even.




Today I (Katie) am updating. Things are going really well. I'm still able to produce enough milk to sustain all 3 girls and have a little for back up. I still treat it like liquid gold and every drop is valuable. I am terrified of spilling it LOL. We've been doing really well finding a balance betweeen NICU time and home life. This holiday weekend has helped Jer get caught up and finished with his first masters degree, Now he can focus on the one he is working on at NIU and be a little more free to see the girls.



2 comments:

  1. Do they all have the same blood type? The doctor that did my c section was 95% sure which 2 were identical, but Garren has a different blood type so that confirmed it :) It is amazing how much they all look alike at birth but it doesn't take too long for them to come into their own. I even think Caden & Kellan look slightly different now. I'm so happy they are doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, they are all AB Positive. See our update on 3 Dec for the answer to the "mystery of the identicals."

    ReplyDelete